- Store your shoes in a cool and dry location. Fibers in damp shoes often deteriorate more quickly.
- You may keep your shoes in a bag, such as the one they may come in when purchased but keep the bag open. Shoes that are unable to breathe can sweat and ultimately decay and smell.
- It is recommended to use a shoe brush on suede-bottom shoes – it will keep them clean and help them maintain their texture.
- Use polish or silicon oil on patent shoes, to prevent the fabric from cracking and sticking.
- Clean the dirt off leather shoes, like jazz or tap shoes, using melamine foam.
- Don’t put canvas shoes in the dryer after washing, as this could cause them to shrink.
- Don’t ever wear your suede-soled dance shoes outside the studio. Not only will they get dirty, but it can damage the soles. We have smooth hard rubber soles that can be worn both for dancing and when you go out, but please be careful with them too ;)